For the idChamp RS3x see this page.
This post shows how to use RS3 NFC Setup iOS app to load an hwg+ file to the idChamp RS3. If you do not have access to an iOS device, you can also setup the idChamp RS3 with the RS3 NFC Setup application for Android or pcProx configuration utility for Windows.
idChamp RS3-HSE Diagram
DIP Switch Orientation
Tip: If you are having issues with your idChamp RS3 in BLE mode, it could be that the Bluetooth Low Energy module is in an unexpected state. To reset the BLE module, toggle DIP switch #4 on bank S3. You can also use S3-4 to turn off the BLE module while in HID or SPP mode.
Prepare the idChamp RS3 for the RS3 NFC Setup App
The RS3-NFC Setup application requires that the idChamp RS3 be in BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) mode. Follow the instructions below to put your idChamp RS3 in BLE mode.
1. Power off your RS3 and take it out of its enclosure by unscrewing the four screws, then lifting the lid.
2. Locate the DIP switch banks labeled “S2” and “S3” along the short edge opposite the micro-USB port.
3. Grab a paperclip or similarly shaped object (pens are NOT recommended) and flip the DIP switches up or down to match the image below. If you have problems loading the image, use the DIP switch table.
4. Locate the DIP switch banks labeled “S4” and “S5” along the long edge of your RS3. Flip the DIP switches up or down to match the image below. If you have problems loading the image, use the DIP switch table.
5. If you are planning to keep your RS3 in BLE mode, you can put it back in its enclosure now.
6. Power on your RS3.
Pair with the RS3 NFC Setup App
1. If you have not already done so, download the RS3 NFC Setup App from the Apple Appstore
2. Launch RS3 NFC Setup app and tap on the RS3 device to connect
3. Tap on the “Pair” when prompted
4. Put the hwg+ file onto the iOS device using Mac Finder.
If this is not done, you will see the following msg when you tap “Import settings”
5. Use “Import settings” to load the hwg+ file
Test Your Configuration
Once you have selected the card or tag type you will be working with (Configuration tab) and adjusted the settings for processing the data, you will want to use a few sample cards to test the configuration. If the card is read, but doesn’t show up in the “Scans” section (or if it is not read at all), double-check your configurations. If you are absolutely sure that your settings are correct and you are still experiencing a problem, email the Serialio support team. Make sure to include your order number, card type, screenshots of the configurations and any other relevant information.
1. Make sure you have applied all settings you adjusted.
2. Hold your card/tag up to the idChamp RS3 until you hear a beep indicating that the card was read.
3. You can find the scan data in the “Output test area” of the RS3 NFC Setup App