Web Form Rules are divided into two categories; Active Page Rules and New Page Rules.
- Active Page Rules are used to send data from the scanner to the currently loaded web page.
- New Page Rules will load a new URL and set the value of the target input to the new page.
When new data is sent from a scanner, the application first goes through a list of Active Page Rules, trying to apply every rule for that URL.
Certain criteria must be met for the Active Page Rule to be applied, including:
- The URL must match the current web page (Active Page Rules URL field supports the “*” functionality to specify a URL template)
- The “Target Input” is found on the current page
- The “Only if Empty” value corresponds to the target input.
If a rule is triggered, the processing of the Web Form Rules list is interrupted.
Multiple Active Page Rules can be active at one time, but only one New Page Rule can be active at a time. If no Active Page Rule is triggered, iScanBrowser can execute a New Page Rule (if one applies).