This support article will provide instructions on how to set your default keyboard to SerialMagic Gears on the Samsung Galaxy S7 (Android version 7.0). This guide assumes that you have already installed SerialMagic Gears and SerialMagic Keys. If you have not already done this, click here to view our article on pairing with SerialMagic Gears (includes SerialMagic Keys). Note the process for setting the default keyboard varies somewhat across Android device types, other examples are hereNote: Before following these instructions, you must first enable SerialMagic Keys through the SerialMagic Gears application!
Enable SerialMagic Keys
1. Navigate to “Settings.”
2. Tap on “General Management.”
3. Under “Language and Time,” tap on “Language and Input.”
4. Under “Keyboards,” tap on “Virtual Keyboard.”
5. Tap on “Manage Keyboards.”
6. Tap on the slider to the far right of “SerialMagic Keys” to toggle it to the “ON” position.
7. Click “OK” on the “Attention” window.
Set SerialMagic Keys as the Default Keyboard
1. Launch an application that has a text input field (examples include: browsers, messenger, notes, etc.).
2. Tap within a field that accepts text input.
3. When your keyboard appears, swipe from the very top of your phone’s (or tablet’s) screen to about halfway down the center.
4. Tap on the option labeled “Change Keyboard” or “Select Keyboard.” If you do not see it, try clearing your notifications.
5. Select “SerialMagic Keys” from the window that pops up.