This support article demonstrates how to install or update SerialMagic Professional for Windows.
1. Download the SerialMagic Professional installer for Windows from Serialio.com/downloads.
2. Double-click the installer to launch it (this initiates the installation).
You may be prompted by Windows’ UAC to authenticate the installation.
3. Agree to the terms and conditions to begin the installation.
4. The following screen allows you to change the installation location if necessary. Most users need only click “Install.”
5. Device Drivers — SerialMagic Professional will now ask which device drivers (if any) you want to install. Pay close attention to what device each driver is for. If you have a Scanfob® 2006, 3002i, 4000, or KeyBatch BR2, you’ll want to install the first set of drivers. If you are only updating SerialMagic Professional, you do not need to install any of these drivers (insofar as you installed them with the initial installation of SerialMagic).
6. Installation complete. Click “Close” to finish the installation. SerialMagic Professional will not launch on its own automatically, so you will need to launch it by browsing the “recently installed” programs in the Windows Start Menu.