This article demonstrates how to use yACK BLE for Android to set up the Scanfob BB2e (Ultra-BB2e or NFC-BB2e) to connect to Windows 10. Due to how Windows 10 Bluetooth pairing works, you cannot pair with the Scanfob BB2e without changing the “
bl e e” setting from 0 to 1. Please note, that this process doesn’t work for Windows 7 nor earlier versions of Windows.
To follow through with this tutorial, you will need:
- The yACK BLE app (available on iOS and Android)
- A Scanfob Ultra-BB2e or Scanfob NFC-BB2e
- A Windows 10 computer with BLE support (Bluetooth 4.0 or later)
Follow the steps below to enable BLE SSP (secure simple pairing)
1. Launch yACK BLE on your preferred mobile device (iOS or Android). Here, we are using yACK BLE for Android.
2. Power on the Scanfob BB2e by holding down the power button for ~2 seconds.
3. Connect to the Scanfob BB2e through yACK BLE by tapping on the “Select device” button, then the Bluetooth name of the BB2e scanner.
4. Switch from “Strm” mode to “RCmd” mode by tapping on the button labeled “Strm.”
5. Send the command:
set bl e e 1
Note that the Scanfob BB2e will not return anything after you send the command. This is normal.
6. Disconnect yACK BLE from the Scanfob BB2e by tapping on the green bar with the BlueSnap’s MAC address and friendly name at the top of the screen (but keep the BlueSnap Smart powered on).
7. Reconnect the BlueSnap Smart to yACK BLE and repeat step 4.
Note that this time you connect to the Scanfob BB2e, you’ll receive a pairing request. This is normal and it means that the “set bl e e 1” command was successful. You will now receive a pairing prompt each time you connect to the Scanfob BB2e on any device (e.g., Android, iOS, Windows).
8. Send the command:
The BlueSnap Smart will respond with a “Success” message.
9. Disconnect yACK BLE from the BB2e and power cycle the BB2e (hold down the center button for ~ 2 seconds to power off, then ~ 2 more seconds to power back on).
10. Repeat steps 3 and 4.
11. Send the command:
get bl ee
12. Make sure that the returned value is 1.
Now you can pair the BB2e to Windows 10 and connect to applications like SerialMagic Professional for Windows.