Prepare Your Scanner
1. Make sure that your Scanfob has been charged until the LED is green. It typically takes 2-4 hours to reach a full charge, depending on your Scanfob model.
2. Once your Scanfob is charged, take your Quick Start Guide and scan the barcode labeled either “SerialMagic – SPP” or “Bluetooth – SPP.”
Pair with SerialMagic Gears
1. From the main screen of SerialMagic Gears, tap on the Serial Device Manager icon. You can also tap on the “Device Manager” option from the Options menu.
2. The window that appears is the Serial Device Manager main view.
3. If you haven’t already from the first section of this guide, scan the appropriate codes from your Quick Start Guide that came with your scanner (SerialMagic Gears supports SPP mode and BLE mode.)
4. Scan the barcode on your Quick Start Guide labeled “Make Discoverable & Connectable.”
5. To add a device, tap on the pink plus-sign (+) button within the Serial Device Manager main view.
6. The window you see is the Add Connection view. The first (upper) half of the screen is where you will see known and previously paired devices. The second (lower) half of the screen is where you will see newly discovered devices.
7. Once you have made your scanner discoverable, it will appear in the newly discovered device section (lower half of the App Connection view.)
8. To pair with your scanner, tap on its name.
9. Tapping on your scanner’s name will trigger SerialMagic Gears to connect to it.
10. Once a successfull connection has been made between SerialMagic Gears and your scanner, the connection bar on the main screen of SerialMagic Gears will be green.
Activate SerialMagic Keys
Part One: Enable SerialMagic Keys
1. Tap on the Options icon located at the upper left-hand corner of the main screen of SerialMagic Gears.
2. Tap on “Settings.”
3. Tap on “SerialMagic Keys.”
4. Notice that the slider to the far right of SerialMagic Keys is grey (disabled). Tap on it to enable it (pink).
5. Tap on “SerialMagic Keys Settings.”
6. You will see a pop-up labeled “SerialMagic GearSet Options.” Tap “Yes.”
7. SerialMagic Gears will then forward you to your Language and Input settings. Tap on the slider to the far left of SerialMagic Keys to toggle it to the ON position (blue).
8. Tap “Yes” on the Attention pop-up.
9. You have successfully enabled SerialMagic Keys.
Part Two: Set SerialMagic Keys as the Default Keyboard
1. Launch your Android Settings application.
2. Navigate to “Language and Input.” You may have to search for it.
3. Tap on “Default Keyboard.”
5. Select “SerialMagic Keys.”
8. You are now ready to scan into any application, including Profit Bandit!