This article demonstrates how to pair the BlueSnap Smart BLE dongle to connect to Windows 10. If you haven’t already set up your BlueSnap Smart dongle to be able to pair with Windows 10 (by default it will only pair with Android/iOS), please do so now by following our guide on configuring the BlueSnap Smart to pair with Windows 10.
Pair your BlueSnap Smart with Windows 10 Bluetooth settings
1. Make sure that your Window 10 PC or tablet supports Bluetooth Low Energy (Bluetooth 4.0 or later) and that Bluetooth is ON.
2. Launch the Windows 10 Settings app.
3. Navigate to Devices. The first section you’ll see is Bluetooth & other devices.
4. Click on Add Bluetooth or other device.
5. Select Bluetooth.
6. On the Add a device window, select your BlueSnap Smart when it appears in the discovered list.
7. Once paired with Windows Bluetooth, you can connect your BlueSnap Smart to applications like SerialMagic Professional for Windows to send data to any application as keystrokes!
Connect your BlueSnap Smart with SerialMagic Professional
1. Launch SerialMagic Professional for Windows. If you do not already have it installed, you can download the installer here.
2. Click Add to add a new connection.
3. On the Select How Scanner Will Connect window, select “SerialMagic will connect to the remote Bluetooth device using Bluetooth LE” and the image of the BlueSnap Smart dongle.
4. Select your BlueSnap Smart from the nearby devices list.
5. Select how you’d like to use the BlueSnap Smart. Here we’ve selected “like a keyboard, data posted to the cursor location.”
6. Continue through the setup prompts until you see the Add New Connection confirmation window. Here you can double check that the setup is correct. Click OK.
7. On the main screen of SerialMagic Professional, click Start.
You can now send data from your BlueSnap Smart to the cursor location!