This article demonstrates how to pair the idChamp EUA with SerialMagic Professional for Windows 10 via BLE. Note — you must first use yACK BLE (for Android or iOS) to enable the
bl e e setting for the idChamp EUA to work with Windows 10 Bluetooth (BLE). If you have not already done so, visit our page on how to setup the idChamp EUA to pair with Windows 10 via BLE before continuing.
Pair with Windows 10 Bluetooth settings
1. Make sure that your Window 10 PC or tablet supports Bluetooth Low Energy (Bluetooth 4.0 or later) and that Bluetooth is ON.
2. Launch the Windows 10 Settings app.
3. Navigate to Devices. The first section you’ll see is Bluetooth & other devices.
4. Click on Add Bluetooth or other device.
5. Select Bluetooth.
6. On the Add a device window, select your idChamp EUA when it appears in the discovered list.
Once paired with Windows Bluetooth, you can connect your idChamp EUA to applications like SerialMagic Professional for Windows to send data to any application as keystrokes!
Connect your idChamp EUA to SerialMagic Professional
1. Launch SerialMagic Professional for Windows. If you do not already have it installed, you can download the installer here.
2. Click Add to add a new connection.
3. On the Select How Scanner Will Connect window, select “SerialMagic will connect to the remote Bluetooth device using Bluetooth LE” and the image of the idChamp EUA.
4. Select the idChamp EUA from the nearby devices list.
5. Select how you’d like to use the idChamp EUA. Here we’ve selected “like a keyboard, data posted to the cursor location.”
6. Continue through the setup prompts until you see the Add New Connection confirmation window. Here you can double check that the setup is correct. Click OK.
7. On the main screen of SerialMagic Professional, click Start.
You can now send RFID data from your idChamp EUA to the cursor location!
Note: Before you begin scanning, you may want to enable duplicate filtering due to how quickly the idChamp EUA can post scan values (~ 50 times per second). To do this, navigate to Application Settings -> Filtering tab, then select the checkbox for “Ignore duplicates” and set “See as new after (sec)” to a value that will be useful for your workflow. Here we set the “see as new” value to 2 seconds.