BlueSnap - WiSnap Bridge
The WiSnap AAA RS-232 WiFi wireless radio dongle provides seamless connectivity for most any RS-232 serial devices. The WiSnap AAA WiFi module can be used to WiFi enable virtually all legacy RS-232 devices to the Internet. WiSnap technology enables simple, fast, and accurate data collection to any WiFi Enabled device. This includes iPod Touch, iPhone, BlackBerry, Symbian, WebOS, OS X, Linux, Windows Mobile touch (Pocket PC, Classic, Professional), Windows Mobile non-touch (aka Smartphone), Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / 2000.
WiSnap AAA uses two (2) AAA batteries, alkaline or rechargeable. Note: both AAA batteries must be the same type, i.e. do not mix alkaline and rechargeable batteries.
WiSnap AAA can enable wireless WiFi Internet connections to legacy devices like barcode scanners, RFID scanners, scales, multimeters, GPS receivers, vending machines, sensors, and most all RS-232 devices.
Connect RS-232 data to to iPhone, iPod Touch, and hundreds of other models of mobile phones and mobile Internet devices.
The WiSnap AAA can enable Wi-Fi wireless data capture from multimeters to mobile phones and mobile Internet devices (MIDs) in a similar way the BlueSnap AAA does, click multi-meter image below for BlueSnap example.
Note: The WiSnap AAA is available with a DB9 female plug, minimum order quantity may apply.
Want a software jumpstart?
- WiSnap and Grid-In-Hand® Mobile Grid captures active RFID tag data into Android - hotspot connection.
- WiSnap and Grid-In-Hand® Mobile Grid captures active RFID tag data into iOS - hotspot connection.
- WiSnap and Grid-In-Hand® Mobile Grid captures active RFID tag data into Android - access point mode
- WiSnap and Grid-In-Hand® Mobile Grid captures active RFID tag data into iOS - access point mode
- WiSnap and Grid-In-Hand® Mobile Grid captures RS-232 Serial data into iOS - ad-hoc connection.
Setup of the WiSnap to your WLAN is as easy as a few taps on your mobile device. See WiSnap Setup options.
Grid-In-Hand® Mobile Grid for iOS collects data and can send as Excel spreadsheet anywhere
Get Grid-In-Hand® Mobile Grid Plus app from the App Store
Need a mobile Bluetooth RS-232 adaptor? Consider the BlueSnap.
The WiSnap can be configured over a standard RS-232 cable using any terminal software such as JavaTerm (in the SerialPort API), TeraTerm, CoolTerm, or PuTTY.
The WiSnap can also be configured over Wi-Fi using a RAW TCP/IP socket connection, or Telnet session from applications such as PuTTY or TeraTerm.
Use the WiSnap WiFi RS-232 serial adapter with BlueSnap Bluetooth RS-232 serial adapter (and bridge cable) to make a Bluetooth-Wifi-Bridge.
The Bridge allows you to connect existing Bluetooth devices to wifi and also provides flexibility to detach the bridge and have WiFi to RS-232 Serial and Bluetooth RS-232 serial independently.
- Powered by 2 AAA batteries. Can be Alkaline or recharable (both batteries must be identical type) - do not apply external power when using alkaline batteries
- Power for operation and recharge when using recharable batteries with optional AC adaptor International, AC adaptor 120V, or USB power cable.
- Power for operation and recharge when using recharable batteries by applying 5-12V DC to PIN 9 (GND PIN 5) on DB9 connector
- Battery life when using these AAA rechargeable batteries
- 13 hours: full overnight charge (from WiSnap trickle charger), enterprise WLAN connection, sending small data packet every 15 seconds
- Note: Do not apply external power when using Alkaline batteries
- Lenth x Width x Height 92mm x 30mm x 27mm
- Weight (with NiMH batteries) about 65 grams (depends some on battery type)
- WiFi Range: > 700 feet (line-of-sight) to quality access point with chip antenna
Download the WiSnap User Guide.