Connect Any Bluetooth SPP Device Sending ASCII data to iPad, iPhone, iTouch.
"We have 15 BlueSnap SPP-KEY Bridges and love them. We use them with iPads for our pullers in our warehouse with Honeywell (LXE) 8650 Bluetooth Ring Scanners, and it helps them be much more efficient. Thanks for the great products and great support! ..." testimonials.
Works with Apple iOS4 and later devices : iPad, iPhone, iPod.
The BlueSnap SPP-KEY bridge connects any Bluetooth SPP device such as RFID-NFC reader, barcode scanner, laser range finder, scale, mag stripe reader, sensor, etc. to an iPad allowing data to be posted to cursor location of ANY iOS app. Also works for iPhone 3GS and later, and iPod Touch 3rd generation and later.
The only requirement to connect a Bluetooth SPP device to the iOS device (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch) using the BlueSnap Bridge is the Bluetooth device needs to send text/number data (ASCII values) i.e. data that can be typed on a regular keyboard. This solution also works with Macs, PCs, Linux computers and more.
The BlueSnap SPP-KEY Bridge makes it a snap to capture NFC-RFID tags data, barcodes, measurements, and other data to ALL iOS apps (iPad, iPhone, iTouch) that accept typed input. Why purchase special equipment for iOS devices? Maximize existing Bluetooth Serial Port Profile (SPP) equipment and connect to iOS devices as a Bluetooth keyboard.
The BlueSnap bridge also has a button to display or hide the iOS on-screen keyboard when connected, so you maintain full ease of use when the bridge is connected to the iOS device.
Video: Scanfob® UHF scanning UHF GEN2 RFID tags into iPad with Mobile Grid, and to iPad Safari Browser.
Video: Allflex 134.2 kHz Stick Reader to read RFID livestock tags to ANY iOS app (iPad, iPhone, iTouch).
Video: Intermec SF51 Bluetooth barcode reader working with iOS apps on iPad and iPhone
Video: Leica Disto D8 Laser Distance Meter with iPad2, iPhone, iPod Touch
Use the BlueSnap bridge with any iOS app, the following apps provide enhanced support for the capturing NFC & RFID tag data, barcodes, and other measurements without tapping in an iOS field to get focus.
Grid-In-Hand® Mobile Grid for iOS (iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch), makes it a snap to collect data and send anywhere
Get Grid-In-Hand® Mobile Grid app from the App Store
iScanBrowser for iOS - iPad / iPhone / iTouch - The absolute easiest way to scan Barcode & RFID data to web pages, also has kiosk features.
Get iScanBrowser app from the App Store
List-In-Hand® Mobile List Plus for iOS - iPad - makes it a snap to organize lists of anything with your Scanfob
Get List-In-Hand® Mobile List Plus app from the App Store
Click here for BlueSnap Bridge setup instructions. Please review setup page before purchasing the bridge.
- Small and light weight, fits easily in your pocket
- Powered by internal rechargeable battery. Recharge via any Micro USB module
- The BlueSnap bridge can be simultaneously powered and charged from a powered USB port using the MicroUSB travel power and charge cable or other properly desgined MicroUSB cable.
- Run time for fully charged fresh battery 18 hours (M15 unit) sending data packet every 2 seconds
- Battery charge time 4hrs (M15 unit - slow charge setting)
- Button to display/hide iOS on-screen keyboard
- Optional micro USB to RS-232 cable available for setup and connecting RS-232 devices to Bluetooth HID with the bridge
- Enhanced battery version available for longer run times between charges
- Connect any Bluetooth SPP device that sends text/number values (ASCII) to iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Mac*, Windows PC*, Linux*, BlackBerry Playbook, Android tablets, and more.
*Must support Bluetooth keyboard (HID)
- MFI is not required so this solution is immediate, and without Apple legal hassles.
Dimensions: 50 x 50 x 15 mm (1.96 x 1.96 x 0.59 in)
Weight (M15 model): 25 grams (0.88 oz)
Enhanced battery version: 50 x 50 x 20 mm (1.96 x 1.96 x 0.79 in)
Internal rechargeable Lithium-Polymer battery 3.7VDC, 450mAH. Enhanced battery version 900mAH
Expected Battery Life: about 18 hrs with scanning frequency every 2 seconds. Enhanced battery version 36 hrs.
Charge time approx 1 hr (fast charge). Enhanced battery version 2 hrs (fast charge)
Class 2 radio with Bluetooth (1.2) wireless technology has a maximum range of 30ft (10 m)
Supports Bluetooth Serial Port profile (SPP), and Bluetooth Human Interface Device (HID)
0 to 50 °C (32 to 122 °F)
Note: Device may not be exactly as pictured.